Developing Students' Talking and Reasoning Skills in Maths
Exciting course designed for primary teachers and teaching assistance to gain specific knowledge and understanding of how to talk and reason in Mathematics for primary age children.
2 hours 30min
About the Course
* Know what talk and reasoning in maths looks like in Years 2-6
* Explore strategies to enhance students' talk and reasoning
* Understand the impact of teacher-student interactions on extending students' reasoning skills
* Explore effective problems in developing talk and reasoning skills
Session 3 (optional):
* Learn to create your own classroom activities and resources to support the development of students' talk and reasoning skills in relation to topics you will be teaching to your class
About the Instructor
Katie has over 12 years of experience in Education in which time she has specialised in curriculum development and teacher training. Trained in the UK, she has worked in government and international schools in London and Hong Kong. She has experience at a leadership level with the British National Curriculum, the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IBPYP).